[Oregon Land Conservation and Development Commission Release Sept. 17, 2008]
A new volunteer is being sought from Oregon Congressional District 2 for the state’s Citizen Involvement Advisory Committee (CIAC). CIAC is an eight-person committee that advises the Oregon Land Conservation and Development Commission (LCDC) and local governments on citizen involvement in land use planning.
The committee meets every two months; usually in Salem.
CIAC’s work centers on Statewide Planning Goal 1: Citizen Involvement. The committee furthers the goal through activities such as:
* Writing materials to educate and inform Oregonians about citizen involvement;
* Gathering and disseminating information about citizen involvement techniques; and
* Advising LCDC and state and local officials about ways to enhance citizen involvement.
Additional information about CIAC can be found on the Web at: http://www.oregon.gov/LCD/citizeninvolvement.shtml. Interested candidates are welcome to contact any of the current CIAC members for more information about duties and activities.
Completed applications must be received at DLCD by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 31, 2008.
* Four letters of recommendation and/or references
* Answers to four questions below (Please answer on a separate sheet of paper.)
* Please explain why you are interested in this position
* Please explain any involvement you have had with community planning or citizen involvement committees
* Please explain any experience you have had with local land use planning actions or issues.
* Please explain any experience you have had in writing, editing or producing educational materials
* Please explain any involvement you have had with state, regional or local advisory boards
Please send application materials to:
Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development
Attn: Communications Officer
635 Capitol St. NE, Suite 150
Salem, OR 97301
Or your can submit your application by:
E-MAIL: [email protected]
Disclaimer: Articles featured on Oregon Report are the creation, responsibility and opinion of the authoring individual or organization which is featured at the top of every article.